Reverse engineer Visual Studio .NET source code
Its easy!!! just perform perform following steps in visual studio to get is done
1. Open the .NET Project or solution in visual studio for which you want to reverse engineer.
2. Then, in the main menu click on Project Tab.
3. Under the Project you will get option for ‘Visio UML’, select that.
4. Under ‘Visio UML’ you will get ‘Reverse Engineer’ option.
5. Select ‘Reverse Engineer’ option.
6. Now, You will get pop-up window prompting for saving Visio file, and naming the visio file.
7. Specify the required details and click save.
8. Now, Visio and Visual studio will get in synch and will create the visio project.
- Visual Studio .NET (2003, 2005) sorry with 2008 it is yet to come.
- Microsoft Office Visio (2000, 2003, 2007)
Know Issue: The above steps does not work for Visual Studio .NET 2008 and Visio 2007 (because I checked it 🙂 )